The Carolina Panthers are taking it slow with Greg Olsen.
Coach Ron Rivera said the team held the tight end out of practice again on Thursday out of precaution.
“We wanted to back off and go from there,” he said.
Rivera added that he’d be comfortable playing Olsen on Sunday even if the tight end misses practice all week.
Olsen exited Sunday’s win over the New York Jets after feeling soreness in his surgically repaired foot. It was his first game back since breaking the foot in Week 2. Follow up tests on injury came back negative this week.
In other Panthers injury news, running back Christian McCaffrey returned to practice on a limited basis after missing Wednesday’s session with a shoulder issue.
Quarterback Cam Newton (right thumb/shoulder), linebacker Thomas Davis (hamstring), center Ryan Kalil (neck) and linebacker Shaq Thompson (foot) were also limited Thursday.
Here are other injuries we’re tracking this Thursday:
1. Tom Brady was limited in practice Thursday after he sat out Wednesday due to an Achilles tendon issue. Wide receiver Chris Hogan (shoulder) and offensive lineman Marcus Cannon (ankle) sat out.
2. It looks like the Oakland Raiders likely will be without their top two wide receivers for Sunday’s game against the Giants. Amari Cooper did not practice, per multiple reporters on the scene. Cooper currently is in the league’s concussion protocol and also is battling an ankle issue.
3. Washington Redskins offensive tackle Morgan Moses was carted off with an ankle injury during the second quarter of the team’s 38-14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys and didn’t return. Running back Samaje Perine was evaluated for a concussion before being cleared to return. Wideout Maurice Harris suffered a concussion and linebacker Josh Harvey-Clemmons injured his ankle.
4. Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott exited the game briefly after suffering a hand injury during the second quarter vs. the Redskins. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick suffered a back injury during the fourth quarter.
5. Tennessee Titans wide receiver Rashard Matthews (hamstring) sat out practice.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Joe Haden (leg), safety Mike Mitchell (ankle), linebackers Ryan Shazier (ankle) and James Harrison (knee) and tight end Vance McDonald (ankle) didn’t practice. Rookie wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (hamstring) was a full participant.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston (shoulder) was a full participant in practice for the second straight day. He’s slated to start Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. Tight end Cameron Brate was limited because of a hip injury and offensive lineman Evan Smith was a full participant after clearing concussion protocol, a source informed of the situation told Rapoport.
8. New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore (ankle), tight end Coby Fleener (concussion) and offensive tackle Terron Armstead (thigh/shoulder) did not practice. Guard Larry Warford (shoulder) was limited.
9. Green Bay Packers cornerback Damarious Randall (knee) was limited in practice, as was linebacker Ahmad Brooks (back), defensive tackle Kenny Clark (ankle) and running back Aaron Jones (knee) and linebacker Clay Matthews (groin). Cornerback Kevin King (shoulder) did not practice.
10. Houston Texans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (shoulder/ankle) and wide receiver Will Fuller (ribs) sat out practice. Running back Lamar Miller (knee) and cornerback Kareem Jackson (shoulder) were limited.
11. Minnesota Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks (hip) was limited in practice and offensive tackle Mike Remmers (back) didn’t participate.
12. Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman fully participated in practice for the second straight day after clearing concussion protocol Wednesday. Kicker Matt Bryant (back) cornerback Brian Poole (back) and Desmond Trufant (concussion) didn’t take part. Wide receiver Julio Jones (ankle) was limited.
13. Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Albert Wilson (hamstring) and linebacker Tamba Hali (knee) were each limited in practice. Linebacker Dee Ford (back) didn’t practice.
14. New York Jets running back Matt Forte (knee) was limited in practice.
15. Rams coach Sean McVay told reporters he hopes wide receiver Robert Woods (shoulder) will be able to return next week vs. the Eagles but “a more realistic target” would be vs. Seattle.
16. Cardinals running back Adrian Peterson (neck) missed a second consecutive day of practice.
17. Seattle Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham (ankle), defensive end Dion Jordan (neck), linebacker Bobby Wagner (hamstring) and safety Earl Thomas (heel) didn’t practice. Cornerback Shaquill Griffin (concussion) and tight end Luke Willson (concussion) practiced fully.
cheap jerseysIf I'm going on the DL, I cheap jerseys China want to check off all the boxes and make…
Hutton, normally the Blues' backup, started for the fourth consecutive game and eighth in the last 10. He earned cheap…
authentic Steelers jersey This Saturday's game against San Diego State appears turn out authentic Steelers jersey to be shaping up…
cheap authentic nike nfl jerseys from chinaBetween Machado, LeBron James leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers nfljerseysfromchina.ur for cheap nhl Alex jersey…
The Atlanta nfl jerseys cheap authentic geno smith Falcons wide receiver will play against the New Orleans Saints this week.…
The under-25 tournament puts the spotlight on rising stars. It yields the stage to the next generations. Imagine the Coyotes'…